MILLY FALL 2012Posted: February 20, 2012
Michelle Smith showed a fun collection brimming with color and cool techno fabrics for Milly’s Fall line. The results? A prim and polished collection injected with modern fabrics and a bit of edge. Tweed dresses were given a shiny finish thanks to a high-tech laminated finish, while full leather skirts lent a feminine feel. A wide array of cocktail-ready dresses were the main focus, ranging from scalloped hemlines to strapless neon and lace confections. Standout pieces included a brilliant metallic purple skirt paired with a textured dotted jacket and a red patent leather funnel-neck coat. More details from Milly’s ladylike cool collection below.
- Trends: Techno fabrics, embellished collars, full skirts.
- Colors: Cobalt, green, black, hot pink, chartreuse, purple, red.
- Key Piece: The laminated tweed dresses were simultaneously fresh and feminine.
- Accessories: Shearling clutches, satchel bags, opera gloves.
- Who Would Wear It: In addition to front row attendees Tinsley Mortimer and Kristin Chenoweth, we can also envision Upper East Side personalities, like Blair Waldorf, wearing some of these pieces.
by Chi Diem Chau Associate Editor, FabSugar