Grazia’s Top 5 Picks From COS’ Spring Summer 2012 CollectionPosted: February 13, 2012
If you missed the first week of our What’s Hot In Store Today? series, then here’s the deal. Each day, Grazia Dailywill be hitting the high street and choosing one shop from which we will pick the top five things that have just landed on the shop floor – then share them for your viewing pleasure. Oh, and of course to give you a heads up. With our helpful hints, you can be the first to hot foot it down to your nearest store and snap up these sought-after pieces we’ve spied that day.
On such a grey day, we need a bit of cheering up, and what better than a little retail therapy in fash-fave COS. We can always rely on them for great tailoring with an edge, and their collection for Spring Summer ‘12 is no exception. We spotted lots of statement pieces that would bring our wardrobes right up to date, and narrowed it down to these five fab finds…
1. With the constant threat of snow hovering (literally) over our heads, we’ve been waiting impatiently for a turn in the weather that will let us wear all the gorgeous pastel colours that are going to be huge this Spring Summer. This boxy jacket in speckled powder blue bridges the gap perfectly; warm enough to wear now, it means we’ll be rocking the pastel trend ahead of the pack!
2. This great cubist colour block dress is the perfect fashion cheat; we can just throw it on when we’re rushing out of the house in the morning, and look instantly chic and well-put-together. The timeless shift shape and of-the-moment green hue make this one a no-brainer.
3. We think this tan leather bag will look fab with this season’s masculine tailoring trend, and is big enough to keep our Grazia in… Something which should always be considered when bag-shopping, if you ask us!
4. The bleached denim cuffs on this shirt add a quirky twist to a wardrobe staple that we’ll wear again and again. Try it buttoned all the way up over a pair of patterned jeans for an effortlessly cool look.
5. This statement necklace will add instant impact to a classic knit. Plus, it’s a nod to the futuristic metallic trend that we’re seeing everywhere.
And what do you know, the sky seems so much brighter now! Is there no end to what fashion can do for us?